Thanks, Simon, though the news is bleak.

I'll post to the Facebook page, at the least. I knew John for many years and
kept in touch with him after OOo fell apart. This is brutal news, and far more
for those who loved him closely. I don't think I exaggerate in saying that
without his efforts, his intelligence, so much of what we did would have never
been.

With affection,
louis