Hi,
        I am one of the newcomers you speak about, I’m a college undergraduate
trying to do something with AOO, and yes, I also find the learning curve quite
steep. I started out gradually, and was focussing on implementing the bitwise
functions in calc at the start. I must say here that Damjan Jovanovic provided
some excellent guidance and responded to my emails with patience and knowledge,
and that really helped me a lot. Many thanks to him.

I’m now caught up in a pretty hectic semester, with signal processing courses
that I’m finding difficult to grasp, so I haven’t gotten that much time lately
to work on AOO, but I plan to make some time for it and develop an extension to
the existing match function (I’ve started on this). I’ve made the decision to
mostly focus on Calc for now, since that is the area I’ve started out with and
it is what I’m slowly getting more familiarity with.

Thanks
Jatin