On 2/29/2016 7:41 PM, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
Hello;

FWIW, I have looked at i126669 and Coverity confirms there is a bug there.

CID 440168 (#1 of 1): Dereference after null check (FORWARD_NULL)9.
var_deref_model: Passing null pointer "&pProfile->m_AccessLock" to
function "pthread_mutex_unlock(pthread_mutex_t *)", which dereferences it.

I suggest taking pthread_mutex_unlock outside the "if".

I am attaching a patch: CC'd to orcmid jic the list rejects it.

Of course it needs testing and you have to check the windows code too.

The current code does not unlock m_AccessLock in the non-null case until line 366, after doing more work on the profile. I am reasonably sure we should leave that alone. The question is what, if anything, should be done about m_AccessLock in the pProfile null case.

Patricia