Hello;

I have been noticing damjan's great advance in merging the gbuild stuff.

IMO, this is a great thing that will likely be unnoticed by our users
as it has no real effect on the binaries but it is significant in improving the build experience.

Now, it appears the only thing holding a new release is a lack of
leadership within the community. Either someone steps in or we just have a team of people do things. In any case I think a gbuild merge
forces to take some consideration.

Given the changes will be big, if we want a new release code soonish,
we should branch AOO42 before the merge, avoiding any potential risk.
If we are still taking longer, say 1-2 months, then we have ample time to sort out any eventual issue and we shouldn't worry about it.

Of course we can merge gbuild and then fork from a past point anytime,
but now is a good time to decide about releases.

Thinking about gbuild and what follows ...

First of all congratulation to Damjan, this is very cool.

From my perspective, it's OK to depend on two or more build tools (we
do use ant, etc) as long as one of them is not DMake, so if we want
to use scons, I am fine with it but we will have to move Python to
gbuild. Things are looking fun ;).

Regards,

Pedro.