On 4/17/2016 4:27 PM, Carl Marcum wrote:
I'll try to work with these instructions, and go on asking questions
whenever I get stuck. I have saved all the e-mails in this thread, and
in any case they are in the archive. I think we should aim for a
step-by-step Wiki page that may inspire another Windows-using PMC member
to attempt the build and test.

Testing the guno-extension staged in Apache Nexus
Download the HelloTextTableShape.groovy test script from bugzilla

If using Windows or a Linux with a soffice executable location other
than "/opt/openoffice4/program/".
Edit the test script for the location of the soffice executable.
A Windows example would look like: "C:/Program Files (x86)/OpenOffice
4/program"

Run the script from the download location
groovy HelloTextTableShape.groovy

Running the groovy script requires either a javac in the path or JAVA_HOME set to a jdk.

For example:
export JAVA_HOME='C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_71'

With that addition, the test of the downloaded jar was successful. I'll try the next step later.

The script should bootstrap the office and add sample content to some of
the applications using the guno-extension jar.
Close OpenOffice after the test.

running the script should download the jars to the local Groovy Ivy cache
On my Fedora Linux machine it is here:
~/.groovy/grapes/org.openoffice/guno-extension/jars/guno-extension-0.1.4.jar

Testing the downloaded source
-------------------------------

unpack the source jar
This will be the guno-extension test directory

If using Windows or a Linux with a soffice executable location other
than "/opt/openoffice4/program/".
Edit the two Spock test files for the location of the soffice executable.
src/test/groovy/org/openoffice/guno/SpreadsheetSpec.groovy and
UnoSpec.groovy
The default location is:
String oooExeFolder = "/opt/openoffice4/program/"

Do the test build.
(From guno-extension test directory)
gradle jar

rename the downloaded jar in the local Groovy Ivy cache
(From guno-extension test directory)
mv
~/.groovy/grapes/org.openoffice/guno-extension/jars/guno-extension-0.1.4.jar

~/.groovy/grapes/org.openoffice/guno-extension/jars/guno-extension-0.1.4.save

copy the test jar into it's place
cp ./build/libs/guno-extension-0.1.4.jar
~/.groovy/grapes/org.openoffice/guno-extension/jars/

edit the HelloTextTableShape.groovy script and comment out the grab
resolver for the staging area. This will make sure it can't see the
staged jar.
Groovy should find the newly built jar in the Ivy cache.
// @GrabResolver(name = 'guno', root =
'https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheopenoffice-1019/')

run the test script again to test the newly built jar.

groovy HelloTextTableShape.groovy

Once finished you can remove the test jar from Ivy and rename the
guno-extension-0.1.4.save back to .jar

Thanks,
Carl