On 04/26/2016 03:39 AM, Carl Marcum wrote:
On 04/26/2016 05:17 AM, Mathias Röllig wrote:
As I remember the behaviour was changed long time ago (maybe in the
time of StarOffice before OpenOffice) as a security issue.
I a workflow inside a company it is possible, that a user doesn't know
something about hidden text.

And with the option of serial emails it could be a big data security
issue.

If one would send the whole document, there is only a little step more
to send it from the file manager or add it in the mail application.

So the question is, send the /content/ or the whole /document/?

And this question could be asked before creating/sending the email.
There should be no checkbox inside the options of AOO.

Regards, Mathias

Hi Mathias,

I agree, Not a checkbox in the options, That would almost be the same
thing as we have. Many users may not go through the options.
Maybe if the user was warned and told where to find the option.

I think If there is one Email command, the user should then be presented
a choice. It could just be a choice of 2 buttons.

The checkbox I was thinking of would be in a dialog after the email
command was selected to include or remove hidden content prior to
continuing.

Thanks,
Carl

The feedback is really appreciated.I haven't tested the patch yet. I'm hoping to get to it soon. In any case, what would anyone think about using the checkbox approach but have it NOT saved with the document if that is possible. This way, it would need to be rechecked each time it is needed, as opposed to accidentally cause security issues.