inline

[ ... ]

> > These images, and also some scripts, are used for gathering access and
> > usage statistics from various services.
> >
> > Since we are not routinely making the available statistics public,
> this is
> > one of those we-collect-it-because-we-can and not because-we-need-it.
> > There is, as far as can be determined on these lists, no active use of
> the
> > information that is collected.
[ ... ]

> ​I took a quick look at this issue. Just for clarification, this seems to
> ONLY be an issue with accessing certain elements from
> https://forum.openoffice.org/
> ​, correct?​ If this is the case, I am requesting  that you change the
> subject of this message so it is restricted ONLY to
> forum.openoffice.org.
>
> I got very concerned by the stated subject because we use Google
> Analytics
> extensively -- it's part of every single page on
> http://www.openoffice.org/
> -- and of course, this IS a tracking mechanism.
>
> I understand the problems this is causing but in this case, I think we
> need
> to be a more specific.
[orcmid]

I was aware of that.

However, unless we are making visible and public use of Google analytics, I
don't believe we should be doing it.

The proposal to drop all tracking is because there apparently is no use of it
and no accounting for it.

If I am mistaken about that, it would be useful to know how to access the
analysis and how to make that available to anyone.

- Dennis
`