How does one find out whether the tests have hung, or are just taking their time? I started them by running ant in the test folder using a cygwin shell that has the winenv.set.sh parameters for my AOO412 build.

It started doing AOO things, with windows appearing, changing, and disappearing, so I left it to get on with the job. The next time I looked in on it, there was an empty spreadsheet on the screen. The last few shell lines were:

     [exec]
     [exec] setup -> ok
     [exec] write_status -> ok
     [exec] ---
     [exec]
[exec] Jul 06, 2016 2:43:03 PM org.openoffice.test.common.Logger finish
     [exec] INFO: Finish running test method [smokeTest]
     [exec] Jul 06, 2016 2:43:03 PM org.openoffice.test.common.Logger start
[exec] INFO: Start running test method [testInsertFunctionViaFormulaBar]
     [exec] Jul 06, 2016 2:43:03 PM org.openoffice.test.common.Logger start
[exec] INFO: Clean up temp directory for test method [C:\OpenOfficeDev\AOO412\test\testspace\temp]
     [exec] Jul 06, 2016 2:43:04 PM org.openoffice.test.OpenOffice start
[exec] INFO: "C:\OpenOfficeDev\AOO412\test\testspace\install\OpenOffice 4\program\soffice.exe" "-automationport=12479" "-enableautomation" "-c8ebd53ec8fb426fbe3e4a4beba2533b" "-nofirststartwizard" "-norestore" "-quickstart=no"