Am 08/12/2016 10:01 PM, schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
[Anecdotal Side Note: I just discovered that the MD5 hash for the
4.1.2 Windows .exe fails to check on my Windows system because of a
defect in the .md5 file. For reasons unknown, the md5sum tool that I
have requires exactly two spaces between the hash value and the name
of the file the hash is for. Once I fiddled around and added the
second space, it all checks. What is intriguing to me is that this
has not been reported by anyone, which is perhaps of greater concern
than the fact that MD5 is used [;<].

I may have encountered this problem, but just attributed it to my lack
of familiarity with the tools. I had no problem using md5sum to compute
the hash, and it matched the one in the file.

Just to document this also:
I haven't noticed this problwm because I've taken the hash values from the MD5 and SHA246 files and put it into the little program I have found. Then it compared it with the computed onces from the tl.dll file.

Marcus