Yes,

Thanks to Joost and also Marcus for having more advice on the download page
under preparation.

For future situations like this, and general trouble-shooting for Windows
users, I think we need some good web pages (perhaps on one of the Wikis or the
site itself) that demonstrate how to accomplish the various prerequisites.
Then a README could link to them.  There are a variety of tips and FAQ that
would make working with AOO on Windows more reliable as well as give users more
confidence in maintaining AOO on Windows.

I have set that as a project for myself when I end my term as Chair and can
have different kinds of fun thereafter [;<).

Joost, did not the explanation at step (10) on using the automated procedure
deal with Administrative Privilege on an useful as-needed basis?  There clearly
needs to be more information on what those messages look like and how to take
action.  With the spread of differences from Windows XP to Windows 10 (and now,
with the Anniversary Edition update), there is little more that can be done in
a README.

 - Dennis