On 15 Aug, Marcus wrote:
> Am 08/15/2016 10:16 PM, schrieb Don Lewis:
>> I started working on upgrading the bundled version of openssl to 1.0.2h.
>> So far I've discovered that building in on Windows requires nasm.  That
>> will need to be documented in the build requirements / procedures.  I
>> think I need to add a check to configure to look for it and bail out if
>> nasm isn't installed, but I haven't gotten that far yet.  The Windows
>> buildbot will need to have nasm installed.
>
> puh, so many dependencis and it's still increasing. ;-)
>
> Thanks for working this out.

I figured out how to make nasm an optional dependency, so the openssl
update commit I just made won't immediately break our Windows buildbot.

The upcoming serf upgrade also has a new dependency issue.  It has
changed to using scons as its build system, which has its own
dependencies, python and m4.  I haven't yet decided what to do about
that.