> From: Bruce Byfield [mailto:bbyfi...@axion.net]

> I would suggest that the question goes beyond marketing. It is about
> purpose as well. What makes AOO worth spending time on, as opposed to
> any other similar project?

It is the high quality and practical significance.

OK, at the moment there are some problems, _but the intervention of Apache also
shows that we are properly organized, we have a functioning quality management_.

The update cycles are possibly a little too long, but not much. The right update
cycle for commercial users, should be between 12-18 months are (necessary
security
updates in addition)

> For that matter ask why people have NOT chosen AOO.

Most people use AOO, LO is strong only on Linux. AOO to dominate under MS
Windows,
and there are >90% of all office users (AOO, LO, MS Office, etc.)

> But why, for example, is AOO
> almost totally
> unrepresented in ODF Authors,

For the German community, I can say that we edit the German-language
documentation
OO under the direction to the PrOOo box (www.prooo-box.org).
3 people working there permanently(!) at the german documentation, and currently
employs a total of 5 people at the german documentation.

You can see here our recent public email about documentation:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/openoffice-users-de/201608.mbox/%3C005e01
d1fd3d%2481d13960%248573ac20%24%40wienandt.de%3E

Note:
the PrOOo box is formally a third-party-Project, but the workers there are also
German community members of AOO.

Jorg