Hello guys;

Before "the dramatic events of the last hours" I had already submitted a talk for this year's ApacheConEU (Sevilla is such a nice city to have a conference!).

I understand that AOO people may feel discouraged now to attend but I don't really believe any form of boycott will serve the purpose of strengthening OpenOffice within the Apache Software Foundation. The best way to show support for the project is to engage with the wider ASF community, meet member of the Board and tell them that Apache OpenOffice is important. What the heck ... if we can't convince them ... get them drunk ;).

I hereby suggest, and it's the easiest way to "save" the project AFAICT, that we release Apache OpenOffice 4.2.0 *during* ApacheConEU 2016.

Just IMHO, with the latest updates (thanks truckman for the help) I think we are in pretty good shape for a Release; we could start making Release Candidates really soon now and make it so that we release the new version on November 16. Maybe it's a tight schedule but I also think we have been adding a lot of red tape to the process of making a release, which in theory is just a vote.

Pedro.