On 10/5/2016 2:52 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
On 04/10/2016 Mechtilde wrote:
Apache OpenOffice is a project with a wide user base, who only use the
binaries. So it is important to release well defined and tested binaries.

Yes, this is important. As we did for 4.1.2, I would leave PMC members
free to vote and specify what they have done. Nobody will go to jail for
not building from source and "only" testing the binaries that we are
going to make available for download by one million users per week.

We will not be in the situation where we should count votes and, if
needed (and it happened in the past) a release vote can be canceled by
the Release Manager if a blocker bug is found.

So it is more helpful for us to receive an honest +1 from someone who
specifies he only tested binaries than total silence from the same
person because she understood that you can be useful to the project only
if you build from source. It is clear that we will satisfy the mandatory
requirements anyway and with no need for counting votes. So the more
feedback we get, the better.

+1