Patricia Shanahan wrote:
I'm thinking of creating "How to cook a release" as a child page under
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Releases, but given
my inability to delete pages I would like to get opinions first.

You can now delete pages. and in general, if people do not have enough permissions to do their tasks, this must be fixed the obvious way, i.e., by granting those permissions.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/How+to+Cook+a+Release
If anyone has material but cannot edit the page, just e-mail me your
notes and I'll add it.

...or, again, just ask for permissions to edit pages here and they will be granted. You need an account first. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Wiki+Home explains what you need to do.

Regards,
  Andrea.