I think we should:
1. Remove the spam
2. Put the forum back on-line but read-only
3. Wait for a team willing to continue the service before unlocking it

Spam removal can be performed by power users from another area (this is what
was done for the Vietnamese forum before it was locked). However, we need
someone with full access to grant those power users an admin or at least a
moderator role: since the users databases are independent, registration is
needed.

Hagar