Since this is getting into specifics of security issues, I think it should be moved to the security list.

On 5/22/2017 1:22 AM, Peter Kovacs wrote:
Well, I see only 2 attack path for us.
Ssh interface and the macro/scripting interface.

SSH or web we need to update libs, so wee need a flexible way to reference both.

Scripting I don't know, not my area of expertise. Anyone with insights?

Please note I start splitting because we get more and more OT.

Am 21. Mai 2017 17:10:16 MESZ schrieb Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>:

Sent from my iPhone

On May 21, 2017, at 10:34 AM, Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de>
wrote:

From: Dave Fisher [mailto:dave2w...@comcast.net]

Here are some of mine. I am sure others differ.

(1) investigate and fix security holes.

+1

(2) frequent releases.

+-0 or -1

In practice, a time interval of 12-15 months would be sufficient.

More frequent releases are needed for two reasons.

- security fixes
- making sure we have several people who can be release manager.

Feature releases can be on an interval you describe.

Note: the release cycle of LO is much too short, even if this is
always presented as an advantage.
I could write "imho", but the truth is that the one is a tangible
practice problem for professional office users. Because I offer
commercial support for OO and LO, I know what I'm talking about.

(3) near one to one conversion to and from Microsoft Office.

+-0

Do you know the story of the hare and the hedgehog?
http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/grimm187.html

Yes, the users want that, but would not it be right and honest to
tell the users:
'if you want MS Office, then use MS Office and not OO'

Users want to convert to AOO but cannot easily. Users want to share
with friends on MSFT. Having a great divide is not tenable. Perhaps
this is an extension.

(4) deconflicted feature requests.

I do not know what you mean specifically with "deconflicted".

Raphael mentioned that feature requests bite each other. In
prioritizing these we should pick which way.

What do people think?

I think _in the present situation_ it is better to work more and to
discuss less.

Agreed, but I'd still like to know what others think.

I am unfortunately not a programmer of OO, but I support the project
with user support, as a member of the project www.prooo-box.org and as
a moderator in the forum http://openoffice.org.
I have regularly supported the project through translations of the
release notes into the German language.

Thank you.

Regards,
Dave