On 17.08.2017 12:51, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 16/08/2017 Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> The build warnings and errors using any SDK older than 10.9 on trunk.
>
> Is this a build requirement or will it affect end users too? I mean, does
> building with the 10.9
> SDK imply that users using Mac OS X < 10.9 won't be able to run the program?
The latest updates of Xcode and its clang may give you warnings like:
"lisbstdc++ is deprecated;
move to libc++ with a minimum deployment target of OS X 10.9 [-Wdeprecated]".
"OS X 10.9" nick name
is "Maverick" and was released on 2013-02-22.

Setting the environment variable "MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.9" will usually
make the build
unusable for earlier versions of MacOSX.

> A note: we'll have to make similar discussion for Linux too, as I said, but I
> think it's more
> appropriate to focus on 4.1.4 for the time being. Still, if we accompany
> 4.1.4 with a statement
> such as "This is the last OpenOffice version that is expected to work on
> [list of outdated
> operating systems]" it could be useful to users.
---rony