Am 17.08.2017 um 14:06 schrieb Jim Jagielski:

On Aug 17, 2017, at 6:51 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:

On 16/08/2017 Jim Jagielski wrote:
The build warnings and errors using any SDK older than 10.9 on trunk.

Is this a build requirement or will it affect end users too? I mean, does building
with the 10.9 SDK imply that users using Mac OS X < 10.9 won't be able to run
the program?

It does...

Now I haven't tried building w/ the 10.7 SDK simply because due to the build
flags (-Werror -Wdeprecated) when we bump into issues the build stops.
So we could work around those build issue, but that seem wonky to me.
It just seems wrong to have a new build system and then immediately
start crippling it to work with old systems. Alternatively, as the
VCL Quicktime issue shows, as we start updating some of the
actual code, these issues will start cropping up even more.

At some point we need to drop support for old systems... I had
assumed that 4.2.0 was our start in trying to free ourselves
from some of that kruft.

sure, this was always the plan: To re-think what we really need nowadays. E.g., no support for old *) systems.

*) What "old" and "system" means in detail for us needs of course tbd.

Marcus