Debian stable, the following.

Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.4_Linux_x86-64_install-deb_en-US.tar.gz RC-2

Long time user, have all my forms for my work created with Writer as
templates using  "Tables" and the current stable AOO.

RC-2 has introduced some unstable behavior. Create a 10x34 row/column
table. I use  4 different styles on my table, modify the styles first.

Select some cells, use "merge cells" apply style to new cell(s)

Writer crashes..disappears with no error message. Restart the recovery
process is working. Sometimes it crashes during the cell selection
process, other times with the "merge cell" button. sometimes quickly
some slowly, but a crash occurs.

Hope this is helpful, the current version works perfectly..thank you,
would like to help make the next release as reliable.
--
Greg M