On 10/14/2017 2:24 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
Patricia Shanahan wrote:
On my Windows 10 machine, Spellcheck defaults to en-US spelling,
regardless of the language of the installation. I have tested this with
both fr and en-GB. (French and the two variants of English are the only
languages I know well enough to test.) For each document, I have to
specify the language before it will spellcheck correctly.

So, spellcheck aside, the default language for text in the document (this is an attribute at a character level, Format - Character) is set to en-US.

I don't think this depends on the OpenOffice UI language, but rather on your profile settings.

Under Options - Languages you can set the default language for your future documents (separate from the UI language). If this is respected, then I don't see an issue here.

OK, I can manually set it through Options - Languages. It still seems strange to me that the default language for documents is independent of the installed language.

In my case, it is set to Italian and everything works correctly.

Regards,
   Andrea.