On Sat, Apr 21, 2018, 6:36 AM Pedro Lino <pedro.l...@mailbox.org> wrote:

> People reading something, jumping to conclusions, and freaking out. Move
> along, nothing to see here...
>

> I don't think so. Maybe there is a good reason why another office suite
> moved all the scripting to Python.

I don't want a broken language that fails miserably if I mistake a space
for a tab.

> Facts: there are OpenJDK builds for Windows, Linux, Mac and even Linux ARM
> https://adoptopenjdk.net/releases.html
>

> Fact: Windows users (the vast majority of AOO users) already have or are
> more familiar with Oracle Java

Moot point. Repeat after me: Java is OpenJDK is Java. The implementation
and provider doesn't matter. Could be Zulu from Azul Systems. It's Java
compatible, built from the same sources and TCK certified.

https://www.azul.com/downloads/zulu/

> Fact: under the Windows OS the OpenJDK is 64bit only but AOO  is 32bit only

Even 32bit Linux buids are getting harder to come by.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/AMP/2016/07/05/linux_letting_go_32bit_builds_on_the_way_out/

Time to move to x64
FC