Hi,

We use Microsoft's Visual C++ 2008 SP1 for building current builds. Damjan has
put some work in 4.2.0 so we can build with a newer Version ( I think it was
2015, but I am unsure) I think. There is a mail in archive.
I think your Idea is best tested with 4.2.0. We could then think if backport to
4.1.6 is an option.

The current requirements you find on
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Building_on_Windows