Hi Jim, all

> On November 1, 2018 at 1:09 PM Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:
> > libgstreamer-plugins-bad1.0-0 is already the newest version
> > (1.8.3-1ubuntu0.2).
> > libgstreamer-plugins-bad1.0-0 set to manually installed.
> > libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0 is already the newest version
> > (0.10.36-2ubuntu0.1).
> > libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0 set to manually installed.

> This does not look like a AOO source code or distro problem, per se, but
> rather user error. My first instinct would be to select *either* gstreamer
> 1.0 or .10 and not both.

One is named libgstreamer-plugins-bad and the other one
libgstreamer-plugins-base
So I assume that those are different packages and therefore the fact that they
are different versions should not be relevant?

Maybe the problem is related to the fact that my OS is x64 while some required
libraries are i386?

How can I specify that I want to install the i386 version of a given package?