>From my email on 15 February 2019:

My own release checklist would include:
1. Library audit.
1.1 Did we lose or gain any public symbols in our libraries since the
4.1.0? Gbuild requires explicit export instead of exporting everything and
then possibly controlling visibility with a .map file, so it's very
possible.
1.2 Did ELF symbol versions on *nix platforms change? The older gbuild
modules probably did, as I didn't understand the meaning of .map files back
then.
1.3 Are the same libraries with the same names available in both 4.1.0 and
4.2.0?
2. Base:
2.1 Complete the Java SDBC driver framework, used by both the new SDBC-JDBC
bridge and the Postgres SDBC driver.
2.2 Audit the new SDBC-JDBC bridge in Java against the old C++ one, fix any
differences.
2.3 Complete the Postgres SDBC driver; still needs views, users, groups,
etc.
2.4 Complete the integration of the Postgres SDBC driver into the Base UI
forms (like MySQL already is).
3. Crashreporter
3.1 Get it working again.
3.2 Bug reported in UI form (instead of submitted to some now obsolete
server), which can be copied/pasted or attached to Bugzilla.
4. Testing
4.1 Run all available tests (unit tests, smoketest, module integration
tests, bvt, fvt, etc.) against 4.1.0 and 4.2.0, find and fix any
regressions.

---

So far, my library audit revealed a lot of symbol changes in some modules
and a more detailed examination is necessary. Need to study ELF further to
understand symbol versioning better. Also the GetVersionInfo symbol in UNO
components is consistently missing when they are built by gbuild; dmake got
it in by linking main/solenv/src/version.c into every library somehow, and
gbuild should do the same.

I've started some work on the Base stuff. To understand it better and get
IDEs to play with it better, I am currently porting main/connectivity to
gbuild. Still need to develop gbuild infrastructure to handle processing
XCU/XCS configuration files with XSLT scripts, but many other modules need
that too.

Crashreporter involves complex interaction between code in main/sal and
main/crashreporter, multiple files get generated and passed around. It
shouldn't be too hard to get working though.

Nothing done regarding testing yet.

Damjan