Don't believe everything you read on the internet. AOO seems to work just fine according to Mojave users on the OpenOffice forum.

However, if you choose to innstall AOO, please make sure you read the installation instructions for Mac at https://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html#apple especially in respect of gatekeeper.

Since you are not subscribed to this list you may not see all the replies to your query. To subscribe to Apache OpenOffice mailing lists go to http://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-lists.html As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at <us...@openoffice.apache.org> - replies to my personal email address will be ignored.