Peter Kovacs wrote:
To my knowledge in the past we did create an exe because you could not
doubleclick msi files.
But Microsoft had fixed this for quite some time and there is no real reason to
keep the exe packaging.
So any objections?

No objections at all on my side, provided we continue to offer the same user experience to Windows users who start the installation.

As discussed at FOSDEM, this has the additional advantage that, if one wants to sign binaries and installation files, there is one less file to sign.

Of course, as usual someone has to do the work and time is scarce...

Regards,
  Andrea.