Am 23.05.20 um 21:24 schrieb Marcus:
Am 23.05.20 um 19:01 schrieb Pedro Lino:
On May 23, 2020 5:43 PM Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
  sorry we speak of Calc.

Am 23.05.20 um 18:43 schrieb Peter Kovacs:

I would like to change a setting and disable autoInput at default.

There are Complains on Bugzilla on other Issues,'and I recieved a
copmplained on chat.

I find this odd. This is a quite useful feature and it is ON by default in all other spreadsheet software.

The fact that some people (how many?) complain doesn't mean a default that has been used for years (and is useful) should be changed...

It is nothing that hurts, since user can switch it back on again.

The logic goes the same way for people who want it off...

And we can think on better ways in the future. I hope it is something
easy to change so I propose this.

Is there opposition?

As a daily user of Calc, I think it does not make sense to change this de facto standard behaviour...

+1
Before doing a change, we should think twice and take also into account what the opposite means.

In this case - even when there would be a dozen complains - it is really still a minority.

yes, I am not quick in changing anything.

1) There is no way that you can confirm the entry without accepting the autoInput. So you quickly make errors as unexperienced user.

So if you do not want to accept the autoinput suggestion you have to press delete. Which requires, to look on the monitor and not on  the keyboard. Simple Users are not skilled like this.

2) Excel does not offer AutoInput that fast as OpenOffice does. And we have a Bug that isd confirmed that AutoInput should not work on numbers.

3) We have another Bug that complains that the Autoinput can change small letters to Capletters. I could repeat it with Super and super.

So the Suggestion was to deactivate the default until we have fixed it. The Bugs exist quite for some time now. But I wanted to initiate the discussion, and the thought on it.

Probably it is smart to work with the suggestion list too. So popping the suggestion list and filter then the list with the entry. If you press enter you accept the suggestion if you press down button you accept the cell entry.

So we have 3 accepted Bugs that we will maybe not solve fast. This gives a reasoning for switching AutoInput off untill it is fixed.

But still I want to ask for Feetback from the Community. I do not know how wide we need to set the concent for this.