Am 05.07.20 um 08:00 schrieb Damjan Jovanovic:

I think there is are some more tools that we need to examine before we
can drop Cygwin.

http://www.openoffice.org/tools/build_env_tools.html

That list is missing idlc, if not others. And what does that mean? Those
tools are built by the "Executable" targets which we already support.

With the changes I just pushed, AllLangResTarget from main/uui built fine
in "cmd" on my first try (with Python and SCons installed outside Cygwin),
though I do want to check that the paths passed to rsc.exe are correct. My
MSVC is broken, so I can't test the binary targets.

Do you need the MSVC Installation media? We can share that for reinstall if you like.

All the best

Peter