On 9/12/2020 12:46 AM, Jörg Schmidt wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Patricia Shanahan [mailto:p...@acm.org]
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2020 9:36 AM
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: we are a ASF-project

This is about the subject line, not the content. I don't usually do
spelling and grammar, but that seems to be the main
content. As a native
English speaker, that subject line makes me cringe every
time I see it.

It should be "we are an ASF-project".

Here's some documentation: Oxford English Dictionary entry
for "a, adj".
"Inflections:   Before a vowel sound an ..."

Thanks, but I'm afraid my Enlish is not getting any better. I am linguistically
untalented, not only regarding English.

You are a lot more linguistically talented than I am.

I can struggle through reading French, know a little Latin, and have picked up some Spanish, especially words and phrases used on public signs and menus, just by living in a bilingual area. Otherwise, I am the classic monolingual English speaker.