I'm afraid that the pure information that AOO 4.1.8 works under Big Sur doesn't
help the user much anyway, because he already has AOO 4.1.8 installed and it
won't start and so he asks if it is compatible.
The user's difficulties might have something to do with an error during
installation or setup, but what exactly I cannot say.

I myself can't help because I don't know anything about MacOS and above all I
don't have an Apple computer and therefore I can't test it.

Jörg