Am 14.12.20 um 00:28 schrieb Dave Fisher:

On Dec 13, 2020, at 3:22 PM, Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de> wrote:

Am 13.12.20 um 22:51 schrieb Dave Fisher:
On Dec 13, 2020, at 10:43 AM, Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de> wrote:

Am 13.12.20 um 18:46 schrieb Dave Fisher:
On Dec 13, 2020, at 7:37 AM, Pedro Lino <pedro.l...@mailbox.org.invalid> wrote:

Hi Dave, all

On 12/13/2020 12:32 PM Dave Fisher <wave4d...@comcast.net> wrote:

The event banner is something the ASF wants on all websites.

Agreed. But if there is no event to be announced there is no need to keep the
banner until there is a new one, right?
This pandemic year has been unusual. If we comment it out then we have to know
when to uncomment.

I think Pedro suggested to put a comment before the code part that is
controlled / filled from outside of our project. Then everybody can see what is
coming from us and from other parts of the ASF.

BTW:
Here is the linked graphic:
/.../git.ooo-site/assets/footer.html

Just put the comment at the top of the file and thats it.

My suggestion, extended from Pedro's text:

<!--- The content and graphics that are linked in this file are managed by the
ApacheCon Committee and Community Dev. For any changes please get in contact with
them via: d...@community.apache.org —>.
The ASF logo is handled by “Central Services” which is part of press@. I would
like to have a “resolution” to Pedro's email to dev@ first to make sure we put
the correct comment into the footer code. BTW - that comment will

sure, no problem.

then appear on every page in openoffice.org <http://openoffice.org/> if anyone
looks.

Ahm, why should a comment appear on a webpage?

Because all of footer.html is server side included onto our pages. That will
include html comments which are visible if users should look at the source code.

ok, yes, that's clear. ;-)
This is already the case for every comment we have in our HTML files.

For the footer we will leave out the mail address and all should be happy, right?

Marcus

I agree it is outdated. This graphic is controlled by the Apachecon committee
and Community Dev.
A note to d...@community.apache.org should be sent requesting an update.

I will do that. Thank you for the address

I still think there should be a comment in the footer HTML, something like

<!--- This file is only to be edited by the Apachecon Committee and Community Dev.
Changes/Updates must be requested to d...@community.apache.org --->
Let’s wait until you get an answer from your email.
The graphic is changed for each event as planned, and we would normally do
nothing.

Is it acceptable that I send this suggestion in the same email?
Just state your issue and see the response. I’ll be paying attention and will
ping.
You might find this page interesting:
https://whimsy.apache.org/site/check/events