Hi everyone, glad to be here. I am going to jump right in with my intentions
and to share some things.

During the course of this year, I hope to find a solution to UI issues under
Linux with regards to Mint-Y-xxxx themes and various other themes under other
Linux distributions. This UI issue makes the program hard to use where entering
data into text areas (character, pictures, save, calc etc) (more detail
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=104563)

I tried to email direct from the list at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Directory+of+Volunteers
but it seems this list may require update πŸ™‚

My main concern is that some people believe that AOO is not being developed or
updated, clearly this is not the case. I would like to point some of the
volunteers in marketing, user support/assistance and business management to
engage in forums and online communities to show that AOO is still being
developed. Specifically, I am referring to
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/ and Reddit communities.

It seems that the moderators of the forum point users with issues to use LO,
recently to someone with a small issue such as installing the
desktop-integration RPM component of AOO on Red Hat Linux.

It also seems that MS might be dropping support for 32-bit programs, so perhaps
a x64 edition of AOO?

What I would ultimately like to see, is any serious bugs ironed out that
prevent widespread adoption of AOO, I only know of the UI bug, and to see AOO
4.2.0 included as the main Office Suite in Linux Distributions. <- Because AOO
is awesome, as are the contributors and volunteers πŸ™‚ πŸ‘

My background, Mechanical Engineering student from New Zealand. I will try to
install AOO on various Linux Distributions and check the themes for UI issues.

Sorry to jump right in without getting a 'feel' for what's happening at the
moment in this dev-list. Keep up the great work on your projects everyone πŸ™‚ πŸ™ πŸ™‚

All the best.