On Mon, 3 May 2021 09:20:24 -0600
F Campos Costero <fjcc.apa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for downloading OpenOffice. OpenOffice runs locally on each
> computer and there is no account to log into. The first time you start the
> program, there is a registration process but that sets up a user profile
> for that machine. The user profile stores your document templates, menu
> customizations, macro scripts and other details that are specific to your
> preferred use of OpenOffice on that computer. You may store the files that
> you make on a remote drive so they can be easily accessed from many
> computers but each computer must have its own copy of OpenOffice.
> I hope that helps clarify the situation. If you need more help, it would be
> best to use the user forum (https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/) or the
> user mailing list. This mailing list is for developers.
> Regards,
> Francis
>
> On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 9:02 AM Frank Galler <frankgalle...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I have just downloaded the Open Office prog and it seems to be exactly what
> > I was looking for. Thank you.
> > I wish to have access to my account on another device.....Will I need the
> > original details or did I need to enter passwords etc., .....if I did, I
> > failed to keep details. What is the method of Log On using another device.
> > Thank you.

It is important to know that OpenOffice keeps merely a list of the last ten
files edited on that installation.  These are stored on the local computer, not
remotely in the cloud; to be edited on one or other computer, the file(s) need
to be physically transferred from one to the other.

It _is_ possible to use remote storage (the cloud); if you know about that and
wish to do so, you probably know enough to sort it out yourself - I cannot help.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>