On 19.11.21 13:51, Jim Jagielski wrote:

On Nov 17, 2021, at 7:36 PM, Carl Marcum <cmar...@apache.org> wrote:

Hi Arrigo,

On 11/17/21 2:16 AM, Arrigo Marchiori wrote:
Dear All,

I pushed a new branch "serf", that contains the OpenSSL upgrade
commits (I reverted the reverts ;-) plus a tentative upgrade of the
serf library to 1.3.9.

A small patch is included to allow building with Python3-based SCons.

The oox module also needed minor patching because it uses some OpenSSL
functions that were refactored since OpenSSL 1.1.0.

I tested it under Linux with Peter's Docker image (adding SCons). It
builds and runs, but I am not sure how to verify if the SSL related
problems are solved.

I could not yet test if it builds under Windows and Mac. Any help
would be appreciated. Please note that the "serf" branch derives from
trunk.

Best regards,
  I tried to build the serf branch but it broke on serf module.  I think I need
Scons.
Are there instructions to add it?

Yeah, SCons is a problem, esp if we intend to this for AOO4.1.x

Did not wanted the project wanted to move to cmake?

there is an interesting discussion on the serf community.

https://lists.apache.org/thread/xht1sp41p954dyt9mxl8jrn9bnz2yqzq

--
This is the Way! http://www.apache.org/theapacheway/index.html