Hi All,

The nightly builds at https://ci2.apache.org/#/builders/58 are using up
much unnecessary
disk space on the nightlies.apache.org server.

Currently Openoffice alone is using more than 1TB - all due to these
nightly builds.
Over 600GB are the linux64 snapshots and the rest are the linsnap* ones.

Many many of these snapshots are identical to previous ones, but because
the date of the build is included then they are just repeated each day.
Even if no commits for weeks there is multi GB tars and debs being uploaded
each day.

This seems a waste.

Not only this, but no snapshots are being cleaned up, we have snapshots
dating back nearly a year just sitting there.

Lets clean this up and be smarter going forwards.

I would like to see these nightlies changed :-

1. Change to run weekly instead of daily.
2. Instead of, or in addition to 1, build and upload by commit trigger.
3. Clean up snapshots older than 1 month.

Thoughts please

--

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator