Hi Arrigo

> On 01/25/2023 7:16 AM WET Arrigo Marchiori <ard...@yahoo.it.invalid> wrote:

> Wild guess: did you install the "jdk" package?
> You may have installed the "jre" only.

No, it was the opposite. I always install only openjdk-8-jdk-headless (as
instructed in
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step_Linux#Ubuntu_18.04
 ) and this always worked before.

> On Ubuntu 18.04 the package containing the libraries (.so files) is
> "openjdk-8-jdk-headless", whereas the package containing the header
> files is "openjdk-8-jdk".
>
> I hope this helps. If not... sorry for the noise!

I tried installing also "openjdk-8-jdk" from your suggestion and it solved the
problem.

Maybe there was a change in the way the dependencies for Java are defined...

In any case that means that the requirements for setting up the compilation
environment slightly changed.

Thank you very much!

All the best,
Pedro