Hi Helmut,

in the DevGuide you will find a chapter about UNO packages and how to deploy them (unopkg). The SDK comes with a lot of component examples, showing how to create UNO packages (C++/Java components, script library, BASIC library), and how these packages can be deployed. Once created such a package you can install it simply via UI (Tools->Package Manager) or using unopkg on command line directly.
Probably the DevGuide chapter about add-ons is also interesting for you for own toolbars or new menu entries.

- Juergen

Tom Schindl wrote:
I'll take a look in the dev-guide section where addons are described and other uno-packages. In OO you also have an MenuEntry to install addon-packages, there are makefile/ant examples which create an Addon-Package for you in the SDK you can obtain from api.openoffice.org. We are also discussing an addon-manager which downloads addons from locations on the web. Normally the process of install packages is to create a ZIP-File out of your addon. Take a look e.g. to the snippet creator a link can be found here:
http://codesnippets.services.openoffice.org/

For a description of unopkg I'd ask on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Tom

Helmut Seidel wrote:

hello tom,

that may well be(?) - is there anywhere a description/howto of unopkg?

thanks

helmut

Tom Schindl schrieb:

Helmut Seidel wrote:

hello everybody,

i've got another question which is of importance for me:

i developed several applications (partly commercial - that means password protected) in oo-basic. up to now it is quite difficult to install them on customer computers (partly windows, partly linux) - but still its no problem because the are marketed regionaly and i can do the setup myself. in near future the are sold on a wider basis - so a mechanism to install the macros is needed (i.e. copy the librarys, forms and documents, register the librarys and create startbuttons or menus etc.)

is there (or will there be) a possibility to do this in oo2?

thanks for your answers

helmut

Do you search for pkgchk OO 1.x  and unopkg on OO2?

Tom