I wanted to see if anyone had any input on this. I've seen some good data on
how to make a custom schema for configuration data for my component but no
way to restrict access to it.

I'm implementing some custom configuration properties for my component that
should only be changed by administrators. At the file level this could be
enforced if the configuration was managed as separate files outside of OOo
but if I extend the standard configuration through the API and store my own
settings I haven't seen anything on how I could restrict access.

Does anyone know how I can restrict access within the API or if a file on
disk could be isolated and protected at the file system level?

- Brian