Hi Brian,

Brian Raymond wrote:
I wanted to see if anyone had any input on this. I've seen some good data on
how to make a custom schema for configuration data for my component but no
way to restrict access to it.

There is no way to do this in the schema.

I'm implementing some custom configuration properties for my component that
should only be changed by administrators. At the file level this could be
enforced if the configuration was managed as separate files outside of OOo
but if I extend the standard configuration through the API and store my own
settings I haven't seen anything on how I could restrict access.

Does anyone know how I can restrict access within the API or if a file on
disk could be isolated and protected at the file system level?

You can restrict access to individual settings by providing a configuration data (.xcu) file and using the protection attributes (oor:finalized and oor:mandatory) in that file to mark individual settings or entire subtrees as protected from further (e.g. user) modification.

If you deploy your component with its configuration data as a shared UNO package, this data is imported into the basic OOo installation structure and should generally end up in a file that is not user-writable.

You can't currently manipulate the access control attributes via the API. Manipulating protected data via the administrative API should leave the protection in place.

HTH, Joerg

--
Joerg Barfurth              Sun Microsystems - Desktop - Hamburg
Software Engineer                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
OpenOffice.org Configuration          http://util.openoffice.org