Hello-

I downloaded OOo 2.0 beta 2 (Linux x86 "install") last night and was shocked to discover it is being distributed as a tarball full of RPMs. I wonder who made the decision to begin distributing OOo in RPM format and how we can go about getting that changed to something a bit more standard. I'm assuming OOo is as binary compatible in 2.0 beta 2 as it was in 1.0... if this isn't the case, then distribution makers are going to need to start building it themselves.

If it *is* as binary compatible as it used to be, why would RPMs be chosen? And why would you tarball up a bunch of RPMs for distribution? There are a lot of folks out there who don't run RPM-based distributions, such as myself. :-)

What's up?

Rob