Thorsten Behrens wrote:
Daniel Boelzle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I'd like to present/discuss a recent helper I have developed which IMO
simplifies the implementation of UNO services in C++ a lot.

[...]

So what do you think?  Comments, please.

Great stuff! Always having to write so much boilerplate has gotten to
my nerves.

Of course it's a cool feature but i want to mention that the new skeletonmaker tool can help a lot to reduce the coding effort for UNO objects and components. The tool is not officially announced because there is still some work to do but you can start using it and give feedback.

dump mode:
- the tools can dump method declaration of interfaces and all supported interfaces of services to stdout so that you can easily copy this stuff in your source file.

- it can generate complete method bodies to stdout (default return, forwarding, composition, inline or with classname, ...)

component mode:
- it can generate complete component skeletons (buidlable, deployable) and you have to concentrate on the real implementation only

Supported languages Java and C++

More information will follow soon

Juergen

One nit: since the automatic implementation name derivation looks kind
of fragile (and most of the time, I _do_ declare my service
implementations in anonymous namespaces) - how about disabling that
feature by default? I have the impression that not much of OOo
development outside Sun takes place on Windows, and specifying one
(more) string at the constructor is really not that much overhead...

Cheers,