Hi,

Am Montag 16 Januar 2006 16:36 schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
Hi,

> mmh, that shouldn't be necessary when you have a normal installation on
> your system. But i don't know if Debian does anything special.
>
> In your first mail you mentioned that you have started your office with
> ooffice "-accept=socket,host=localhost,port=8100;urp"
>
> Why is it named ooffice? Is that Debian specific? If yes that is

ooffice (and oowriter, oocalc etc. which are symlinks to is) is a
perl-script doing some stuff OOo misses. And fixing some stuff. And if that
should be necessary sometime do stuff for clean upgrades.
i.-> A wrapper script. Which is in /usr/bin.

soffice still exists in /usr/lib/openoffice/program.

> probably the problem. The bootstrap mechansim requires some
> pre-conditions (e.g. soffice must be in the PATH, a symbolic link is
> sufficient).

see above.

> Please can you test to rename ooffice to soffice and insert a symbolic
> link ooffice -> soffice instead. It would be interesting for me to know
> if this solves your problem.

He just said that...

Regards,

Rene
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  [EMAIL PROTECTED] | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73