Hi Johannes,

Johannes Walther wrote:
Hi Jens-Heiner,

thank you for your detailed answer.

[...]

We (that is the OOo developers) do our best to keep
everything working but things will break sometimes.

Well, that's ok for a bleeding edge cvs checkout, but
I didn't expect that for either 2.0.1 sources or an
older milestone.

Well to me it looks like your checkout is broken because you definitely missing at least two required modules. You can check them out by name, for example "cvs -d ... co epm". It's no wonder your build broke ...

BTW ... you did check out? Or did you download the source tarball and the modules are missing in the source tarball?

Looking back at your original post it seems that you
didn't build module 'epm' and you seem to miss the
module 'unodevtools' completely.

That's right and I don't know why. I looked for an
directory of that name but didn't find one.

'epm' is the packager, so it's no wonder you didn't
get any packages.

Indeed I had disabled the epm. It was because I, as I
wrote, don't want/need to supply others with my build
or even install OOo in other directories. But from
what you wrote it is a must to build packages. Is that
true?

Epm creates the rpm-archives, that's the regular way to obtain installation sets. There used to be a way to just create tar-balls, don't know if it still works. It should, but it might be not that often used and thus subject to bit rot.

On the other hand, asking how it could be that the
maintainer create such a fragile product might not
lead to someone of the maintainers lending a
helpful hand ...

While you're right that accuse others mostly don't
create helpful responses, isn't it quite ironic, it
helped this this though it wasn't the intention of my
second post?

Won't work every time :-)

BTW: Various documents and
http://download.openoffice.org mention a possibility
to download the Solver/Output Tree. While I fear there
won't be one in either tarball or CVS for FreeBSD, I
even can't finde one for Linux or Windows. Flaw in the
pages or in the data?

A solver tar ball is a set of prebuild binaries, so the stuff is not committed to CVS. They are not regularly provided, due to their size. If there is a solver you can find it here:
http://oootranslation.services.openoffice.org/pub/OpenOffice.org/

Heiner

--
Jens-Heiner Rechtien