Hi,

i noticed that we have made good progress with our Code Snippets in the past two weeks, thanks to all contributors.

At this point i'd like to say thank you again to Tom and Paolo who are responsible for the infrastructure and tooling. Tom provides and has implemented the infrastructure and Paolo has implemented the Code Snippet Wizard which makes it really easy to contribute well formatted snippets. Thank you!

I haven't reached my personal goal to contribute one snippet per week :-( shame on me - i won't promising anything but i will try to increase my contributions.

But one further thing i would like to see (and where i think it would be easy for newbies to contribute to OpenOffice) is that existing snippets get translated to the other languages. And if people find bugs or know a better solution don't hesitate to improve existing snippets.

Even for the last point i think that it could make sense to move into the OO wiki with the snippet collection but i am not sure. What are your opinions? Do you would expect more contributions, improvements when the snippets would be in a wiki system where changes are easier?

Let start us an open discussion to find the best solution to spread the API knowledge to make programming with and for OpenOffice easier.

Other ideas are also welcome and this shouldn't be competing to our new "extensions" project. I would like to address more the technical features and documentation, where the stuff gets hosted later is not important here. But that something (and hopefully more in the future) is available, is easy to find, is well structured ... is important for the success of any programmability story around OpenOffice.

Juergen (API project lead)