G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 17:33 +0200, Mathias Bauer wrote:
>> Mikhail Voitenko wrote:
>>
>> > Implementing of this feature is possible in general. But it would
>> > require time to design and develop a reliable editing of OOo documents
>> > in a browser.
>>
>> Just a small explanation why editing documents in a browser via plugin
>> protocol is not recommended: when the browser window is closed or the
>> content of the window is replaced by something else there is no way to
>> prevent or interrupt this! So all changes in the document will be lost,
>> you can't show a dialog to the user that asks for saving.
>>

> Funny you should say this. I found a workaround. Activate the "Save as"
> icon in your toolbar and you can save from the browser.

Did I say you can't save at all? Please read again: I tried to explain
that you can't rely on getting asked for saving your document if you
close the browser window (or browse in it to another location) before
you saved the document by yourself. It is so easy to hit the close
button, especially if you are used to get asked for saving in case you
forgot to save before. It might not happen very often but even one time
can be very painful.

Best regards,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.