ramboid wrote:
Joachim Lingner <joachim.lingner <at> sun.com> writes:

Clovis Wichoski wrote:

Joachim
TIA

Clóvis

This class also worked very well for me and it appears to provide the solution that we were looking for. How would you suggest that we apply the policies, that you uploaded to this project, without having to set the applet runttime settings of every PC that will run the applet?

There is probably no other way to set the policy manually in the control panel. This cannot be done programmatically, because this would allow all applets to set access rights as they like.
Maybe a signed applet is the solution. For more information look here:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/plugin/developer_guide/rsa_signing.html

Joachim