I have two problems. Firstly, I can save a spreadsheet on a USB stick when using a new name so permissions appear to be ok. I can also later load that sheet from the USB stick but when I try to save it I get error message "Cannot create backup copy!!!" and nothing saved. I can save the spreadsheet with SaveAs under a new name. This problem only arises under SuSE Linux 9.2 x86_64. Running a pure 32 bit system everything works fine. I am quite happy to plod on and try to identify where things go wrong but that brings me to my second problem.

I am a reasonably experienced programmer but have minimal experience in C++ and even less with the whole UNO setup. I find it very difficult to find what gets done where also as their appear to be directories in CVS outside Attic's that are no longer used (I think). My immediate question was therefor what procedure can I follow to find the source code for 1) store() and 2) for methods called from store() till I get down to the ucp or sal level. Is there LXR access to the repository?

Appreciate any help.
Enno

Mathias Bauer wrote:

Enno Fennema wrote:

I would like to find out why my computer refuses to save OOo
spreadsheets. It works fine for ordinary diskfiles but fails on my USB
stick. I have been plodding through the Developers Guide and the CVS
repository but am utterly confused.

In the end I want the source code that is executed when call store() on
a officedocument that implements an XStorable interface.

I don't want a specific answer (might also be useful) but would like to
know how to go about finding the answer myself. What path do I follow
through the maze of projects/modules/directories/etc.

If I haven't found the right document please refer me to it, otherwise
any pointers appreciated.

There is a lot of code executed when store() is called, any problems on
file access most probably will happen in ucb/source/ucp/file or in the
lowest file system access code in sal.

Can you describe what exactly happens when you try to save to the stick?
Nothing? Or do you get an error message and if you get one what does it
tell? And can you load a file from the stick?

Ciao,
Mathias