Michael Meeks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> [excellent proposal for an enhanced spec process]
>
>     + Unit Tests
>       + we need a good, standard, very easy to use unit
>         test framework, that can trivially be extended.

Hi Michael,

well, there actually _are_ several test frameworks in place. From what
you've probably in mind, testshl2 should come close. It's basically
cppunit dressed up to work in OOo's build environment. See
e.g. o3tl/qa/makefile.mk on how to employ it.

I guess the problem is not and was not that we don't have means to
(unit)test, but that (unit-)testability must be taken into account
from the beginning of a project. That's why newer modules tend to have
(some) tests, and e.g. for our applications, it's close to impossible
to unit test larger subsets of their constituing classes.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten