Hi Jürgen,

Le Vendredi 17 Novembre 2006 10:19, Juergen Schmidt a écrit :
> > UNO is powerful, portable, and at the core of OpenOffice.org, but it has
> > the disadvantage of not being used outside of OOo.
>
> not true, there is a bigger company (can't be named here and in fact of
> this not popular) which have chosen UNO as their component model and
> they have built their own infrastructure on top of the UNO Runtime
> Environment (URE). They have chosen UNO because of the best performance,
> best feature set, ... and the selection was based on an in-depth
> evaluation of different technologies ;-)

Yes, as I said above, UNO is powerful... But that example shows that it is far
away from what I would call "spreading", "popular" or "widely accepted".

> >     What are the plans to make OOo scriptable through d-bus?
>
> no plans so far

OK. My own order of priorities prevents me from working on this d-bus stuff in
short or medium term. Nevertheless, we have here an opportunity for an
unified application scripting framework, at least on Unix/Linux systems, my
opinion is that we at OpenOffice.org should take it.

--
Quelle est la différence entre un rêveur, un fou et un psychanalyste ?
Le rêveur construit des châteaux dans le ciel, le fou y habite, le